Here are some of the rides that were in Odaiba in the parking lots on the day of Monster Energy Ken Block’s Tokyo Experience event!
Seen in Tokyo
Many of you do not know that I had a pleasant trip to Japan last month. I spent 2 weeks visiting Japan. Cities as Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto, Osaka and to a little lovely town named Hamakanaya located in Chiba prefecture.
The Largest All-Subaru Motorsport Event in America
Stock wheels, do they fit in tuned cars?
The answer is obviously yes. While I’ m looking for the ultimate japanese trends, and many of their spectacular cars, I realized that they also tune some cars in a kind of old school-ish style, that makes’em look awesome. I also realized that they use stock rims on tuned cars in many times.
I do not really know. I just know they look gorgeous on some cars. I’m talking about the rims that came factory equipped in the GT-R (R33), yeah! You are Right! The 5 double spokes. I take the freedom to upload some pics for you to see different combos.
I am sure you know which wheels I am talking about but just in case you don’t know the wheels are these:
Less read, more photos.
OMG!!! Yoshinori Koguchi! (^O^)
This S14 looks gorgeous, I always loved it.
The R33 GTR wheels can fit perfectly on BMWs, Toyotas, Nissans, Subarus and Mazdas!
Here is a pic of one of my favourite Silvias ever
I hope you liked it.
Source: r33wheels and other websites
Rare car of the day. Subaru XT 4WD Turbo
I found this. A rare Subaru coupe called XT 4WD Turbo. I have never seen it in my life, no over internet or magazines. But looking for cheap japanese cars I found it in a national used car website.
I took the pictures from the website to show it as is. Well is not so cool, but it has this taste of manga cars. The front end is close to the 3rd generation Honda Prelude and to be honest most of classic coupe of late nineties.
It is possible that if you are american problably have seen this car before somewhere. The orange side markers makes no dubts that car was build to the US.
The was some years in the past where cars were dressed with graphics. In many japanese cars this was a trend in early nineties.
Some information I found about this car is the next:
– The XT was loaded with features rarely found on small cars, such as a turbocharger, a computer-controlled engine and transmission, adjustable height suspension.
– The name Alcyone was used in Japan, the Vortex name was used in Australia and New Zealand.
– The 1988 Tom Hanks movie Big, the romantic lead, played by Elizabeth Perkins drove Tom’s character Joshua Baskin as a restored small boy, played by David Moscow back to his home in a red XT.
– Subaru produced 98,918 XTs, XT6s, and Alcyones. Surprisingly, only 8,170 of these were sold in the Japanese market.
– The Subaru XT6 was dubbed as the official car for the most valuable player for Super Bowl XXIII in 1989, eventually won by San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Jerry Rice.
What so you think about wagons? Most of the times when thinking of buying a car and if this car is not gonna be a racing car… Wagon are a must!